Sunday, July 5, 2009

How stable is facebook?Popular social networking site facebook hardly ever goes down?

I have been a active user of facebook for over 2 years now and to my knowledge I have never had a problem connecting to the social networking site.That's right I have never ever gone to facebook.com to be turn away with a page that is down or anything similar until tonight.

Tonight I was told by a mate to check out facebook but to my shock I got the following screen error" Sorry, an error has occurred.We're working on getting this fixed as soon as we can.".This got me thinking,I often go on twitter and the sites down for maintenance in fact I have even been blocked out of my online email which is hosted vie Google(Gmail email) but I have never been shut out of facebook before.

In my opinion this is an amazing thing,facebook is growing at amazing speeds and has never gone down for me!

If you don't think facebook is growing why don't you carry on reading:

1.According to facebook they have More than 200 million active users.This is not your Mother who created an account and never logged in again!This is users who are very"active" on the social networking site.

2.More than 100 million users log on to Facebook at least once each day

3.Average user has 120 friends on the site

4.More than 5 billion minutes are spent on Facebook each day (worldwide)

5.More than 30 million users update their statuses at least once each day

6.More than 8 million users become fans of Pages each day

7.More than 900 million photos uploaded to the site each month

8.More than 10 million videos uploaded each month

9.More than 1 billion pieces of content (web links, news stories, blog posts, notes, photos, etc.) shared each week

10.More than 2.5 million events created each month

11.More than 35 million active user groups exist on the site

These stats are mind blowing!I must admit I have given facebook a lot of bad publicity but they have done a awesome job so far and hopefully they will keep it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Commons License
.